The global market represents one of the great goals achieved in our times; this economic area where goods, services, capitals and people can freely circulate lays the foundations for a more competitive development inside the European Union. E.U. has devised original and innovative tools in order to remove the obstacles to the free circulation of goods. Among them, a place of honour is occupied by the new approach to the product regulation and their conformity evaluation. The main element of this new approach is the reduction of intervention by Member States, giving the industry the widest possible choice about the ways to comply with the obligations imposed by the European Directives. The Notified Bodies have an important role in the evaluation of products conformity.
CSI operates as Notified Body for the CE Certification (notification number 0497), carrying out directly all the requested activities, i.e. laboratory tests, inspections and certifications.
CSI notifications regard the following Community Regulations:
- EU REGULATION N. 305/2011 (CPR)
- Directive 2014/68/EU, Equipments under pressure (PED)
- Directive 2010/35/EU, Transportable equipments under pressure (T-PED)
- Regulation ADR/RID/IMDG/IATA (UN)
- Directive 2014/90/EU, Maritime equipments (MED)
- Regulation (EU) 2016/425, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
CSI attends, with other Notified Bodies, to various Italian and European working groups to give its contribution and to be informed about the development of Regulations.